OUTSIDE OUR CHURCH DOORS
Our Reconciliation and Indigenous Committee has worked on ways to help our church respond to some of the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission as well as on reconciliation of all groups within our community. Activities have included participation in the Orange Shirt Day Walk – Every Child Matters, developing and maintaining a Heart Garden on the church front lawn as an act of remembrance for those children who did not return from Residential Schools, and various informational workshops.
OUR COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- Lenten Lunches - In 1989, Immanuel Anglican Church started Lenten Luncheons as a time for parishioners and people of various denominations to come together for learning, prayer, and lunch during Lent.
- Food Bank - Our church community has dedicated the second Sunday of every month to recognize the needs of those in our community who ‘go hungry’ and we collect food and/or cash for our local food banks.
- NOW (Neighbours Outreach Wetaskiwin) - We recognize the contribution that this organization makes to our community and have designated four Sundays a year for a special collection for this organization.
- Coffee - Immanuel’s participation in a Diocesan fundraiser, $5 – 5 Ways Fundraiser” to assist seniors in our sister Diocese of Buye Burundi. Parishioners were encouraged to donate $5 for coffee to an initiative of the Buye Mother’s Union to provide seniors with much needed medical cards. Immanuel raised a total of $145 which will help to buy many medical cards.
OUR WORLD OUTREACH
- PWRDF (Primates World Relief Development Fund) – Monetary donations can be given to help support PWRDF goals of helping communities and individuals around the world to build a better future.